At RMS we pride ourselves on our loyalty and dedication to help you achieve your goals. Whether you need a recording session for your next album, or Cubase or Protools tuition, or help rescuing that recording that went wrong in the studio.
We offer all these services and more to ensure you meet your deadline or finish your CD, or pretty much anything you can think of…
- Need to transcribe a piece for your exam? We can help you.
- Need a backing track knocking together for your performance exam? No problem.
- Need a drummer to join you for your ensemble? We can sort you out.
From editing music videos to teaching all ages and abilities how to make music, record it, and get it out there.
We work with many people and networking is what it is always about. You can email your query and you will be personally looked after by our team. Each job is unique and each fee is realistic and fair to all parties and negotiated in private with only a few guidelines that we adhere to, we are here to enable you, not take all your money. We make our money by doing hundreds of little jobs as a professional family of friends and as a client you are welcome to join that family. We have created a unique team of experts in their field who are all kindly helpful folk with a similar outlook. Helping you.
Email your query and we will see what we can do for you.
Ryan is the Principal of RMS and is responsible for the majority of jobs that we take on. His CV is extensive but here is a basic rundown for you to understand why we can achieve as much as we manage to.
- First Class (Hons) Degree in Popular Music with Music Technology.
- PGCE Secondary Music Education with QTS.
- Long serving Music Technician in the Wakefield area.
- Multi-Instrumentalist: Harmonica, Acoustic/electric guitar, Bass, Drums and Percussion. Ryan is an advanced musician above Grade 8 on guitar and bass particularly but he is renowned for his skills with a harmonica and he mostly receives session requests on his harmonica thanks to his unique talent on an uncommon instrument.
- Gigged for 27 years professionally including some high profile work with; Antonio Lulic, Ruby Macintosh, Wheatus, and supported such artists as Darius Danesh, Slade, Brand New Heavies, Jools Holland, Kal Lavelle, and half of Nizlopi to name a few. Venues include The Royal Albert Hall, The Boardwalk, Main Stage at Colne Blues Festival, Bradford Mela, The 100 Club in London, and some appearances on BBC Introducing with Alan Raw.
- Has recorded 3 CD albums and is currently finishing his 4th major title album “Are You Sitting Comfortably?” due for release early 2015. Ryan has made music videos for various companies and also makes his own for his own compositions. Examples here.
- Ryan runs Cubase workshops in schools and college’s and makes complicated sequencing software seem easy peasy. He also has his own portable recording equipment to record sessions for audio for film at the drop of a hat.
- Ryan works with many other artists doing remixes of new tracks. Example here.
- Ryan writes music reviews in his blog and is establishing himself as a keen music journalist. Example here.
- Sound engineering: Ryan has had years of live music experience and can make most desks behave eventually.
Run by Sebastian John. This is a live music company who go the extra mile to ensure you have live music entertainment for your event. Seb has a number of artists on his books and can provide an excellent evening’s entertainment at your bespoke request.
Song writing Workshops and portable recording when teamed up with Ryan. Ruby is super experienced and adds loads of information in the session that most don’t dare to go near. You’d be mad to miss these!